Sunday, July 7, 2013

We may be approaching the end of this weather.

According to the overly-perky yet manly weather guy on WGGB, we might catch a break from the heat and humidity tomorrow or the next day. The guy has been wrong before and I'm sure he'll be wrong again but I'm remaining optimistic.

I'd like this crap to move on.

*

Mariano Rivera, one of the greatest closers of all time announced, that he will be retiring at the end of this season and he wanted to say thank you to the fans of all the other teams. At the start of every away series the the Yankees play, Mo gets to the park a little earlier than usual and mingles with the fans.

At some point, the other teams decided to start giving him "retirement" gifts and earlier this week, the Minnesota Twins gave him what I think is the coolest gift yet.

Immediately following the All Star Break,the Yankees will come to Fenway for the first time this season. I'm hoping the Red Sox manage to make it clear to Mo that he will be missed.

*

The Red Sox lost last night in an 11 inning game and I wasn't awake to see it. As a matter of fact, I was asleep well before the 3rd inning.

And I'm surprised I made it that far.

*

Here are today's links:

No comments: