Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It's all about perspective.

Sometimes life likes to remind me that all my complaining and dissenting is nothing but B.S. being spewed by a cranky old man. Yesterday was one of those days.

At 5:00am yesterday morning, when I was whining about the humidity, a young lady who grew up three houses down from me, was leaving her apartment in Boston to go to the gym for a workout before heading in to work.

She never made it to work and no one heard from her for the rest of the day. Her family was going out of their minds trying to find her. They were frantic because this was so out of character for her. They went to Boston and spoke with the police. They contacted her friends. I imagine they went to places she might have mentioned to them in the past.

They tried everything they could think of to find their little girl.

At 4:00pm yesterday afternoon, when I was complaining about the potential cost of my electric bill, that young woman's body was found in a park, the victim of a senseless act of violence.

She was 24 years old and she was a good kid. Her mom and dad are the nicest people you will ever meet and I can't begin to imagine what is going on in their minds right now. I can't begin to feel how they feel.

I think I'll stop complaining about things and tell my family that I love them very much.

*

Here's a link or two for you to click on:

No comments: