Saturday, July 6, 2013

Still damned hot and extra humid

I suspect that my wife may be correct and our electric bill is going to be three times what it normally is. But you know what? I don't care.

What I care about right now is that my house remains comfortable enough for us to continue living in it.

I took The Dog for a walk at 9:00 this morning and I looked like I had gone swimming after that little one mile walk.

I don't want to say I'm sweating a lot but I'm kinda hoping this weather comes to an end before I run out of deodorant....

*

I did not stay awake to watch any of the Red Sox game last night. Fortunately for me, NESN does a thing they call "Sox In 2" where they rerun the game in a two hour slot the next day.

Right now, the Red Sox are on fire. They are currently at .614 with 54 wins, 34 loses. They have a 2.5 game lead in the American League and a 5.5 game lead in the American League East. The numbers claim they are in second place in all of MLB with a half game separating them from the Pirates but I'm going to disagree with the numbers.

The Red Sox have won 54 games, the Pirates have won 53 games.
The Red Sox have lost 34 games, the Pirates have lost 32 games.
This means that the Red Sox have played 3 more games than the Pirates.

Until the Pirates play those three additional games, I'm going to claim that the numbers lie and the Red Sox are 1 game ahead of them.

*

Enjoy these links:

No comments: