Friday, July 12, 2013

It was quiet. Almost too quiet....

My daughter decided to visit her friend in New York this weekend so I suggested her best mode of transportation would be Amtrak. She agreed and her friend said that she would gladly meet her at Penn Station.

I discovered that it was substantially cheaper if she caught the train in Windsor, CT instead of Springfield so I drove her down there this afternoon. She caught the commuter train to New Haven and she is currently sitting in her nice comfy business-class seat on her way to New York City.

But that's not what I came her to tell you.

During the drive down to Windsor, we came over the bridge and started to go by the Bradley airport connector. Suddenly I saw the traffic well ahead of us locking up their brakes and skidding all over the place. And I'm not talking about one or two cars, I'm talking about 20 or 30 cars across three lanes.

As we came up to the area of the disturbance we notice a rather large, and heavily damaged, kayak in the middle of the slow lane, a rather large, and pissed off truck driver standing in front of his truck just past the kayak and a rather small, and embarrassed SUV owner parked in the breakdown lane with one kayak and half a double kayak roof rack on the roof of his car.

This is why I don't work in Hartford.

*

Here are some links you might enjoy:

No comments: