Monday, March 3, 2014

A day without snow is a good day.

The storm that was supposed to hit us with 8-12 inches decided to leave us alone and head south and shut down the city of Washington D.C.

This makes me happy in more ways than one.

*

Only in Massachusetts....

No, seriously, I'm saying only in this freakin' state. And I'm not talking about the inspection sticker.

I'm talking about the fact that only in Massachusetts can you be arrested and tossed into jail for not having a government-sanctioned piece of paper stuck to your windshield.

When did we decide it was okay to toss people in jail for not inspecting their cars?

And don't give me any of the "fraud" crap. I've seen some of the people that do car inspections in this state and let me tell you, that piece of paper he put on is just as valid as the ones they put on.

My point is, this is not a crime that resulted in anyone being robbed or hurt or defrauded so why is he in jail?

No one was hurt, no one experienced any loss, hell no one even lost a minutes sleep because of his actions. Simply put, he's in jail because some legislator decided to criminalize the car inspection process, that's why he is in jail.

And while we here in Massachusetts are really good at creating criminals via legislation, it appears we've got nothing on Connecticut.

Now there's a state that knows how to create criminals....

I'm waiting to see how the Connecticut authorities handle that little situation....

This may very well be the first non-action revolution in the history of mankind. The people are overthrowing their government by ignoring it. I now have an image of some guy standing in the rotunda of the capital building with his hands over his ears going, "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-I-CAN'T-HEAR-YOU-LA-LA-LA".

We should try that here in Massachusetts...

*

No links, just this picture:



I want to know where that is so I can go there and buy a milkshake..

No comments: