Sunday, March 23, 2014

Seventeen down, Thirty Three to go.

I stopped and visited with several friends today and collected their signatures on my nomination papers. Since I know all of them, each stop took me about a half hour.

That means I spent my entire day collecting 17 signatures.

I think tomorrow I will only visit a few people I know and then just go to places where I don't know anyone because at this rate, it'll take me until December to collect 50 signatures.

As for this whole running for office thing...

My problem here is I'm not entirely convinced that I want to be a selectman. There is not only a time commitment, there is also a stress commitment.

I guess I'll figure it out before March 31st because that is when I have to turn the papers into the town clerk.

*

So some of the people I talked to today had a lot of suggestions for me. For instance, one insisted that I get Verizon to install FiOS. Another insisted that I patch each and every pot hole on his street and a third wanted me to know that the schools were screwing the music program.

I told the FiOS people that I was pretty sure that it was up to Verizon to bring FiOS into town.

I told the pot hole guy that I had no specific skills when it comes to asphalt and it would probably be best if the DPW patched the pot holes.

As for the people who think the schools are screwing the music program, I gently told them that the selectmen have nothing to do with the school system, it was the school committee that was in charge of that.

If I do decide to run and if I win, I'm gonna change my phone number....

*

Here is one link for you:

No comments: