Sunday, March 2, 2014

I forgot to post this yesterday

I had this post all written and formatted last night but it seems I forgot to click the "Publish" button.

Sorry about that.

*

Every so often, I get it in my head to make some coconut chicken fingers. I drag the fryer out, fill it with oil and set it for 375°. Then I get some bread crumbs, some coconut, some milk and an egg.

So I mix the egg and the milk and soak the chicken in it. Then I dredge it through the bread crumbs and the coconut mixture and drop it into the fryer. It takes about 5 minutes to get a nice brown on the chicken and I take it out to drain on a rack.

Now I know that doesn't sound too bad but if you happened to stop by while I was doing it, you would have seen a major mess.

Bread crumbs and oil all over the counter, chicken dripping on the floor and me swearing because I burned my fingers on the hot oil.

Why do I do this to myself? I can buy the damned things at Big Y or Stop & Shop.

What the hell was I thinking.

*

Here are a few links:

No comments: