Friday, March 21, 2014

I think I have brain damage.

I have in my possession a set of papers from the Town of Wilbraham that identify me as a possible candidate for the office of selectman. All those papers need are the signatures of 50 registered voters and my name will appear on the ballot.

I decided to get these papers because there is currently only one candidate for a soon-to-be-vacant selectman's seat and that candidate is a 25 year old kid who still lives with his parents.

I got to thinking about it and for some reason it occurred to me that I could contribute more and do a better job. Then again, there are a lot of things that occur to me, some of which might be considered a little crazy by some people....

I have not yet completed the necessary steps to get my name on the ballot so there is still time for me to back away from this nuclear fire. Then again, when I think about the alternative, I feel like someone has to do it and since no one else is stepping up, I might as well go for it.

Wish me luck but keep in mind that if I lose the election, I'm not going to feel bad about it. My primary goal in this is to see to it that the kid doesn't get handed the job by default. If he gets elected, it'll be because the voters gave it to him and I'm okay with that.

Well, maybe not okay with it but I will at least feel like I tried.

*

These links will educate and/or entertain you:

No comments: