Friday, March 14, 2014

Finally Friday

I am suddenly the target of all kinds of people at work and they are causing me to do a lot of stuff.

For instance, yesterday I spent 4 hours talking to a bunch of people about a process that we created about five years ago. It's still working just fine and I have not once had to go look at it.

That means my four hours with these people was spent with me saying things like, "How the hell do I know...." or  "I wrote the damned thing five or six years ago. I don't remember." or my personal favorite, "Who told you it did that? It wasn't designed to do that and if it does do that, it's probably not accurate."

Today was spent creating some code. I like coding. It's very therapeutic for me to just sit and write, test, write, test and then finally run. Coding to me is like reading a good book. You get to use your brain and imagination.

*

So know that everyone at work is happy (for the moment) and I'm finally home, let's go look at some links:

No comments: