Thursday, August 9, 2018

Bad Math

Boy, did I screw up yesterday.

Let’s revisit that entire post, shall we:

First off, there were only 48 games left in the season last night (only 47 after last nights win), not the 68 I claimed.

The second mistake is that the record for wins is 114 in a 162 game season, not 116. The 116 was actually won in a season that saw less than 162 games. No one will ever top that record because they now play 162 games.

With 47 games left on the season and a current winning percentage of .704 (70%), the Red Sox could possibly win 33 more games this season, giving them a record of 114 (81+33). That would put them in a tie for the most wins in a season.

In order for them to beat that number, they would have to actually start playing better baseball than they are currently playing.

The chances of them playing better baseball than they have been playing are pretty damned slim.

To all you math wizards out there, sorry for my error. I would like you to forget that post ever existed.


As for last nights game, I only made it through 7 innings before falling asleep and I don't feel like I'll make it much past 7 innings tonight.

I'm tired.


While I figure out what to make for dinner and then settle in to watch the game, you can visit these links:

No comments: