Thursday, August 16, 2018

So what's happening?

Well, my wife is home from her trip out to Iowa.

My wife and daughter made their two-day drive out to Iowa last week and my wife stayed out there with our daughter to help her get ready to start her third year of vet school. They got some fun in as well when they visited the Iowa State Fair on one day and a local arboretum on another.

Apparently the arboretum has the worlds largest garden gnome (daughter for scale):

My wife flew back home yesterday and i safely retrieved her from the airport and brought her home where The Dog was extremely happy to see her.

While those two got reacquainted, I watched the Red Sox bullpen give away last nights game to the Phillies.

And that, quite simply, is why I failed to provide you with any entertaining postings last night.


As for me, I managed to get an appointment with the local medical flight examiner to renew my class 3 medical certificate. It expired last May but I have been flying under what is known as Basic Med. Basic Med is simply a certificate from my primary care physician saying he found nothing wrong with me and thinks I'm okay to fly.

I could continue flying under Basic Med for as long as I like but there is something about flying that makes me want to have a doctor who is trained in medical evaluations for pilots tell me that I am okay to fly.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love flying but I don't want to die in fiery crash because I did something stupid.

So tomorrow morning I'll go see Doc G (she's also a pilot) and have her tell me I'm okay to fly. Then we'll talk about her dog Ranger, her Carbon Cub aircraft and a few of our mutual friends up at the airport.


The Red Sox are on a day off but NESN is carrying the Pawtucket Red Sox game.

While I watch the youngsters play baseball, you can visit these links:

No comments: