Friday, August 10, 2018

Guess who finally got some flying time!

That's right, the weather finally cooperated enough to get me up in the air and practice some landings.


It was a great day to fly with little or no wind and what small wind we had was from the NNW so basically a decent headwind with a very minor crosswind component from the right. That's why the leg on the right side is a little angled in to the left.

I managed to get in 9 landings and 5 of them were pretty much perfect.

Of the other 4, I bounced 2 and went a little long on the other 2. Those 4 were because I was a little high coming in which means I was a little fast. The bounces weren't bad and long ones simply resulted in me having to taxi back on the runway in order to make the taxiway.

All-in-all, I am pretty damned happy with my hour and half in the air.

I should do this more often.


The weather dweebs assured me this morning that there would be no rain today. They said, "Sunny and warm with just a little humidity."

They lied.

It was humid all day and right around 3:00 this afternoon, we had a nice little downpour.

Fortunately I was able to get my lawn mowed before the rain hit because the rest of the week looks like it's going to be nothing but rain.

Then again, the weather dweebs have just proven they really don't know what's going to happen.


Here are some links you can click on while I watch some baseball:

No comments: