Friday, September 20, 2019

Another half day off

We had the huge oil tank in our basement removed this afternoon so I took half a day off because I needed to fix the holes in my house where the oil fill pipes came out. That meant pulling off the old shakes, patching the holes in the sub-wall, sizing & painting the replacement shakes and finally putting the new, freshly painted shakes on the house.

We now have a hole-free house and a lot more room in my work area in the basement. It's kind of nice being able to reach the circuit breaker panel without squeezing between my workbench and an oil tank.

My wife informs me that I am not allowed to fill the new space with my crap.

I guess we'll just have to see how that goes....


My internet went out right after I typed the previous paragraph.

I've been having issues with Spectrum's internet service lately and I thought it was all me. But today, when I called them, they had an automated message that said, "Multiple clients in your area are experiencing problems".

In other words, I wasn't the only one that was kinda pissed off at the internet monopoly in my area named "Spectrum".

So until my internet comes back, this is all you get.


←→←→←→←→←→←→

And I'm back...

Turns out my saving my old router was a good thing because it turns out my "new" router decided it was done playing nice and it's now a brick with antenna sticking out of it.

My old router is up and running and we once again have access to the interwebbinator.

The speed is not as good and the distance isn't all that great but I managed to get all of my widgets connected to it and we can once again tell Alexa to turn on lights or remind me when a sport I like is about to be played.


Since I had no internet, I didn't find many links.

Here are the few I did find:

No comments: