Monday, September 30, 2019

We are routing and meshing!

The replacement new router arrived this afternoon! I have successfully installed and configured both the primary and the satellite so that we are all connected.

There is only one thing left to connect and that is an old HP DeskJet color printer. The Brother laser is up and running without a problem because it is hardwired to the network. The HP however only connects wirelessly so I need to dig out my old USB-A to USB-B cable and connect directly to it so I can configure it for the new network.

As long as we can print, all is good.

Also, I am happy that I still know how to do all this networking crap because I was starting to lose faith. After the battle with the first router, I was beginning to think maybe I was the problem.

And for the record, I am also pretty happy with the speed:


Since I spent some time reconfiguring everything, I didn't have a lot of time to webbernate.

Here are the few links I did manage to find for you:

No comments: