Saturday, September 28, 2019

I am impressed.

So I went to Amazon and clicked on my past orders. I found the order for the router I bought and it had two buttons. The first button said, "Track package" and the other said, "Return item".

I clicked on the "Return item" button and was asked to tell them why I was returning the item. I picked, "Item is defective" and a window opened that asked what was wrong with it. I said, "It won't connect to the internet".

Next screen asked how I wanted to return and it gave three choices: Drop it off at UPS (Free), have UPS come to my house and get it (Free) or mail it on my own (Not free). Since I'm not stupid, I picked one of the free ones. And since I drive past a UPS store everyday, I picked "Drop it at UPS".

Next thing was a screen with a link to a pre-paid shipping label, a notification that my replacement router will arrive on Monday and a notice that said I had to make sure I returned the defective one before October 28.

I factory reset the defective one so it didn't have any of my information on it and boxed it up in it's original box. On Monday evening, I will use the shipping box that the new one comes in, put the old one in it, tape it up, affix the shipping label and drop it at UPS on my way home from work on Tuesday afternoon.

That was probably the easiest merchandise return I've ever done.

I am pretty damned impressed.


Well, the Red Sox have lost two in a row to the Orioles.

For the record, the Orioles are in second to last place in the American League, ahead of only Detroit.

Something tells me the Red Sox need to figure some things out over the winter.


Tomorrow at 1:00, the Bills will host the patriots out in Buffalo.

Since both teams are 3-0, it should be an interesting game. Either the game will end in a rare tie or one of those teams will have its first loss of the season.

I'm hoping the Patriots fly home 4-0.


Here are a few links:

No comments: