Sunday, September 29, 2019

The Patriots are now 4-0

Todays game was an interesting one. The Bills don't suck so the Patriots had to work at it. They ended up winning the game 16-10. It would have been 17-10 but Gostkowski missed the PA after the first touchdown.

As Belichick likes to say after every game, "We did a good job on some things, we've got some things to look at and work on. Now we're on to Washington."


The Red Sox managed to win their final game of the season and now they are all on vacation.

Well, not all of them. Some of them will be playing winter ball to work on their skills and others will be looking for new jobs because they are free agents. The guys you probably won't see back in Boston next year are:

  • Rick Porcello
  • Andrew Cashner ($10m team option)
  • Jhoulys Chacin
  • Mitch Moreland
  • Steve Pearce
  • Brock Holt
  • Chris Owings


  • I doubt the Red Sox will pick up Cashner's $10 million option so I don't expect to see him back.

    I really hope they offer Holt a contract. He is a good ball player and I really like watching him play.

    Mookie Betts is arbitration eligible next season and he is going to want a lot of money. A big old giant pile of money. A lot more than the Red Sox are willing to pay.

    I'm not entirely sure how arbitration works but I do know that at some point in mid-December, the team will offer him a one year contract. He has until mid January to negotiate with the team.

    It's at this point that I get fuzzy on the whole thing. Both parties have to submit to arbitration and the arbiter decides what salary the player gets.

    However, if the team decides they don't want to go through arbitration, they can release the player and I think he automatically becomes a free agent. This means he can negotiate with any team.

    Then again, I have no idea what I'm talking about.


    Here are a few links:

    No comments: