Friday, April 5, 2024

A Little Rock and Roll

At 10:25 this morning, my couch suddenly started gently swaying back and forth, the curtains on the windows started moving, and the hanging plants all started to swing a little bit.

I knew exactly what it was but The Cat was completely uncertain and highly agitated. She kept looking at me with a "What the hell did you just do!" look.

Then I had the following text exchange with two of my children (I'm the blue bubble):

A quick check of the USGS Earthquake Center website showed the following:

That is a magnitude 4.7 earthquake located in northern New Jersey.

Nothing like a little rock and roll to start your day.


The Bruins beat the Hurricanes last night, winning in fine style by a score of 4-1.

Two minutes into the game, Marchand managed to pump his 400th goal into the net. This was followed five minutes later by a Pastrnak wrister and then a Heinen snap shot, giving the Bruins a 3-0 lead at the end of the first period.

The Hurricanes managed to put one past Swayman in the second period but that would be all they would get.

They are off tonight and tomorrow they take on the Panthers. Puck drops at 3:30


The Red Sox are in Anaheim to start a three-game series against the Angels.

Crawford has the start but the lineups have not been put out yet. I will not be surprised if Durran is out. Cora likes to give guys days off and near as I can tell, Durran has not yet had a day off.

First pitch is at 9:38 which is two minutes better than 9:40. That extra two minutes might make it possible for me to watch five innings and then one batter in the sixth.


The grill has been moved off the porch and onto the new patio. That means burgers for dinner.

While I work my grill magic, you can see if these are any good.


No comments: