Sunday, April 14, 2024

Keep on winning!

The Bruins rolled over the Penguins last night, beating them 6-4 and maintaining their one point lead over the Panthers in the Atlantic.

It also turns out I was not entirely correct when I said the game was on ESPN+. It was on ESPN+ and the NHL website only mentioned ESPN+ but it turns out it was also on ABC so I was able to watch it.

Unfortunately, the game still started at 8:00 and I ended up staying awake until well after my normal bedtime.

As for the playoffs, it's looking more and more like the Bruins will be the number one seed in the Atlantic and they will more than likely take on the number seven seed Lightning

They take on the Capitals tomorrow evening. Puck drops at 7:00.


After yesterdays win over the Angels, the Red Sox looked to win the series this afternoon.

Bello had the start and he made it through 5⅓ innings, throwing 107 pitches to 23 batters, striking out 8, walking 2 and giving up 6 hits. He left the game with a 3-2 lead.

The bullpen did just fine, allowing one more run while the Red Sox batters scored two more runs. Then Jansen came in and gave all of us heart attacks when the Angels scored one more run, making it 5-4 Red Sox.

With runners on second & third and Mike Trout at the plate, Jansen managed to strike Trout out and end the game with the save.

The Guardians are coming in to town for a four-game series starting tomorrow. Since it's marathon Monday, the first pitch is at 11:10. I believe it is also Jackie Robinson Day so every player in MLB will be wearing #42.

Oh, and one more thing: As a non-baseball expert, it is my humble opinion that Bobby Dalbec should not be in the majors. He is proving himself to be a quality minor league player but when he gets called up to the big leagues, he steps in the batters box and he can't hit shit.


After baseball it was time to watch the final round of the Masters and boy, am I glad I did.

I'm currently watching Scheffler march through the course like he was the guy who designed it. He knows where to hit every shot and he is currently enjoying a 4 stroke lead.

But that isn't the fun part.

The fun part was watching a 24 year old kid that I've never heard of named Åberg (pronounced Oberg) have a great time coming in second. He is playing the game like he said to himself, "You know what? I probably can't beat Scheffler but I bet I can beat everybody else!" And he is. He is currently 4 strokes behind Scheffler but he is 2 strokes ahead of Morikawa and 3 strokes ahead of Homa.

Remeber the name Ludvig Åberg. He's either gonna become one of the greats or he's gonna have the best time trying.


Here are some links:

No comments: