Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Two losses...

Yesterday was the Red Sox home opener and despite my dislike of Fenway Park, I was in attendance for the game.


My youngest and myself, along with 39,000 of our closest friends, jammed ourselves into Fenway in the hopes of seeing the Red Sox continue their winning ways but alas, it wasn't to be. The Orioles crushed our hopes by beating the Red Sox 7-1.

I did, however, get a picture of Varitek warming up McGuire before the game started.

I checked the weather before I left for Boston in the morning and, according to three different weather dweebs, the temps at Fenway were predicted to be 55°. During the game, I kept checking the weather on my phone and it kept swearing to God, cross my heart, hope to die, that it was indeed 55°

My body and face, however, kept telling me it was about 100° in the sun and I quickly discovered that I was severely overdressed. I was also staring directly into the sun and wishing I had listened to my wife when she said, "You should bring sunscreen..."

At some point during the game, my daughter and I exchanged the following text messages:

The Orioles and Red Sox will be back at it again this evening. I will be sitting comfortably on my couch without any complete strangers trying to sit in my lap. I will also be nursing the sunburn on my face and arms. First pitch is at 7:00.


While I was sitting in the usual Masspike Boston traffic and attempting to drive home after the ball game, the Bruins were at the Garden losing to the Hurricanes.

I was able to listen to the first period on the radio up until just before Worcester before the signal from Boston dropped out. By then, it was the end of the first period and the score was 0-0 so I wasn't too concerned.

When I got home and put the game on, they were five minutes into the third period and the score was 2-1 in favor of the Hurricanes. I watched the rest of the period and things did not get any better for the Bruins. They gave up two more goals and the game ended with the Hurricanes winning 4-1.

Their final three games of the season will be:
    4/13 @ Penguins
    4/15 @ Capitals
    4/16 vs Senators
After that it will be playoff time and it's anyone's guess how that will go.


Hopefully the Red Sox win tonight but things don't look great. Pivetta just went on the 15 day DL, Story is done for the season and Durran is beating himself up over a missed catch yesterday. They are kind of a wreck right now.

Here are some links:

No comments: