Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Another bad day.

The Red Sox lost to the Guardians last night, putting them firmly into last place in the ALEast.

They were down 5-1 through five innings when they suddenly came to life and scored 5 runs in the sixth to take a 6-5 lead.

They held on to the 6-5 lead for exactly three innings when the Guardians tied the game in the ninth. That made the score 6-6 and forced extra innings.

They made it through the tenth tied 7-7 but in the eleventh, the Guardians decided that enough was enough and they drop 3 runs on them. The Red Sox couldn't do anything and the game ended in the eleventh with the Guardians winning 10-7.

Game three of their four game series is tonight at 7:00. It would be nice if they won this game but with Devers out, that means Bobby "0-36" Dalbec will be at third and he can't hit anything.

Which reminds me, the Red Sox managed to lose a couple more players last night when Devers and Whitlock both left the game early due to injuries / health issues.

Pretty soon I'm going to have to go to Boston if I want to watch the Worcester Red Sox play baseball.

My optimism meter is drooping quite a bit lately and I don't have high hopes for this season.


As for the Bruins, they lost to the Senators in their final game of the regular season last night and gave up their first place Atlantic division seeding to the Panthers. They are now the #2 seed.

That means the Panthers will play the Lightning and the Bruins will play the Maple Leafs. Round one is scheduled to start on April 20th


Since we no longer have a dog running around, I'm trying to grow grass in my back yard.

Wish me luck.

And for the record, there is actual grass growing on my side yard. Not much grass but some.

Who knows, maybe this is my year...


Enjoy these links:

No comments: