Wednesday, October 16, 2013

FOX sports doesn't get it.

To all the talking heads on FOX sports, do yourself a favor and stop drooling over the Tiger starting pitchers.

Yes, Justin Verlander is a good pitcher and I understand that you are so much in love with him that you would all like to line up and perform oral sex on him but just once I would like to hear one of you say, "John Lackey did a hell of a job when he beat Verlander last night."

You keep reminding us that the Tigers have Sanchez, Scherzer, Verlander and Fister.
You keep reminding us that the Tigers have Cabrerra, Fielder, Hunter and Peralta.

Let me remind you that the Tigers don't lead the series 2-1.

Let me remind you that the Red Sox have Lester, Bucholz, Lackey and Peavey.
Let me remind you that the Red Sox have Ortiz, Pedroia, Ellsbury and Napoli.

Let me remind you that the Red Sox lead the series 2-1.

My hat's off to Jonny Gomes for verbally slapping Erin "Yes, I'm a dingbat!" Andrews upside the head when she approached him on the field after last nights Red Sox win and asked what he thought of Verlander. His response was priceless when he said something to the effect of,
    "Yea, let's turn that around and talk about John Lackey, the guy who won the game. Wasn't he great."
I'm not saying that it's a given that the Red Sox will win the series but I am saying that at some point, you all need to accept the fact that they are as good, if not better, than the Tigers.

*

Here are some links:

No comments: