Monday, October 14, 2013

Like I said the other day, it's a hell of a match up.

The Red Sox managed to pull one out of their collective a$$e$ last night and win the second game of the series. They are now tied 1-1 with the Tigers.

Like I said, these are two well-matched teams and it shows. The first game ended 1-0 and the second game ended 6-5. And what's even more amazing is that I manage to stay awake until the 4th inning! Imagine that! They won without my help!

There is no ALCS game tonight but the NLCS game is on TBS at 8:00pm and I suspect I will be watching at least the first four innings of that game. I'm enjoying seeing the Dodgers lose and I'm hoping they do that again tonight.

*

It's a damned shame that I think the Communist Chinese are making more sense than my own government. If the United States can't get it's shit together and act like the world leaders that we used to be, then maybe it's time we let someone else take on the role of world economic leader.

The planet doesn't need a bunch of arrogant spoiled brats running it's economic affairs.

Two years ago, the European Union was experiencing a crisis so bad that several of it's members gave serious consideration to dropping the Euro as their currency. And I'm not talking about small little nations Elbostan or Yugobania. I'm talking about Germany, Greece, Italy, etc...

One month ago the Euro was worth $1.32. Today, the Euro is worth $1.39. In other words, the value of the dollar is dropping against a currency that was hit so hard be the recession that several nations almost stopped using it.

What does that say about the us....

*

You might like these links:

No comments: