Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I'm going to watch baseball.

While I'm watching game one of the World Series, you can contemplate the following thought I had:

When the Affordable Health Care Act finally kicks into gear and there are no longer any uninsured citizens in the United States, what happens to places like Saint Jude Children's Hospitals or The Shriner's Hospitals or The Children's Miracle Network?

Those charitable health providers exist solely to provide medical care to folks that don't have insurance or can't afford to pay the medical bills. Once ObamaCare is running, no one will be uninsured and you & I will be paying the medical bills for everyone.

Since there will no longer be a need for charitable hospitals, what will become of them?

And in the same thought, what about other charities?

Since my taxes will inevitably increase to cover the cost of providing medical services to those in need, what incentive do I have to donate any additional money to charities that supply health care to the needy?

*

Here are a few links:

No comments: