Thursday, October 24, 2013

I'm tired but happy.

No, I did not watch the entire game last night. I did, however, manage to stay awake until 10:00. That is past my bedtime so today I was tired.

Tonight, I'm aiming to watch the entire game but I suspect that once again I'll max-out at 10:00 and be sound asleep during the last three or four innings.

So the Red Sox managed to hit the ball pretty damned well and score some runs which is quite a change from the ALCS. But the big story is the collection of little-leaguers that showed up to play for the Cardinals.

I watched Kozma, the Cardinals short-stop, misplay at least three balls hit to him as well as blowing a catch from the second baseman that resulted in a bad call from the umpire being overturned.

I watched Wainwright, the pitcher, wave off the catcher and the infielders on a pop up that he then let drop in front of him. He stared at the ball on it's way down like he was seeing a UFO that was about to anal-probe him.

I suspect that Mike Matheny was more than a little upset with his team and he probably gave them a stern talking to. I also suspect that they will show up on the field this evening looking to rebound. That means the Red Sox need to show up with their A-game.

Let's hope lackey continues to be outstanding and holds the Cardinals to no hits.

That would be nice.

You what's nice about the World Series? I mean, besides the baseball stuff? It's all the non-baseball stuff that happens.

Usually the mayors of the cities make side bets, the governors of the states do a little trash talking and the fans of the teams generally make fools of themselves in front of whatever TV camera they can find.

Along those lines, the BSO and the SLSO created a great trash-talk music video congratulating their teams.

*

That's enough talk about baseball, it's time to watch baseball.

You can click on these links if you want:

No comments: