Sunday, August 7, 2016

Am I the only one who could care less about the summer Olympics?

Just askin' is all.


According to the brilliant yet inaccurate weather guys on all three of our local stations, we were supposed to get some rain yesterday.

They were wrong.

Not only did we not get a single drop of rain at my house, we got some pretty good winds that helped dry things out even more than they already were.

Every time I walk across my front yard, I build up a cloud of dust around me that makes me look like the dirty kid from Peanuts.


One day after Mark Teixeira announced his retirement fro baseball, Alex Rodriguez announced that he was retiring this coming Friday.

I have a feeling this retirement announcement was Rodriguez's way of avoiding the embarrassment of being designated for assignment. Rumors have been swirling that the Yankees were going to designate him this week because he can't hit a baseball anymore.

Let's face it, if you can't play the bases and you can't hit the ball, you are just taking up a slot that could be filled by someone else who can do those things and it's time for you to go.

Love him or hate him, you gotta admit that he was pretty damned good for most of his 22 year playing career. The "scandal" of performance enhancing drugs has never really been a scandal to me because, what the hell.

If you were a plumber and someone said to you, "Hey Larry. If you take this pill, you can become the best plumber in the area and double your income", you would take the pill. And don't tell me you wouldn't because you would be a liar.


Speaking of baseball, today's game is on at 7:00 so maybe I'll be able to watch some of it.

While I do that, you can visit these fine examples of interweb enlightenments:

No comments: