Friday, August 12, 2016

She is as settled as I can get her.

I have moved everything from the vehicles to her apartment, built the shelves and cubes that we purchased after arriving here and I helped with as much of the unpacking/setup as I could.

I've set up her electronics, configured her internet and tested out all of her appliances.

The apartment complex management folks are responsive to problems and I think I'm leaving her in a good place.

And I tomorrow night, I will get to sleep in my own bed.


On Tuesday, as I was starting this adventure, my Aunt Carolyn passed away. It wasn't unexpected but it's sad none-the-less.

She and my mom were sisters who married brothers so we were very close to them since our moms were sisters and our dads were brothers. When we were kids, we spent every Sunday with them - one Sunday at their place, the other Sunday at our place.

She was one of fourteen siblings and the one of only three left.

We will celebrate her life and mourn her passing like we always do.


Here are a few links that you can visit while I make sure I've packed up all my belongings for the trip home:

No comments: