Thursday, August 18, 2016

Great day for flying.

I managed to get an airplane for 9:00 this morning and spent an hour and half practicing my skills. I headed up to Orange without the aid of a GPS, did a full stop landing, taxied back to the departure end of the runway and took off to return to Northampton.

I did use the GPS on the way back to Northampton because I decided it was too nice a day to not do a little sight seeing. Once again I flew south down the central peninsula of the Quabbin and then west over UMass to the Connecticut River.

From there, it was a straight shot along the Connecticut to Northampton where I entered the pattern. I was slightly below the altitude I wanted but close enough that I corrected before I started my landing descent into a full stop landing.

After that I did some pattern work with three more takeoffs and full stop landings before I called it a day, gave them back their airplane and headed home.

In case I haven't said it lately, I love flying. If I was younger and more flexible, I'd kick myself in the ass for not doing this when I was 18 years old.


You should click on these links and see if you find anything interesting:

No comments: