Tuesday, August 23, 2016

No, I didn't land at the Quabbin

I was there at 10:00 this morning and back at Northampton by 10:45. He landed on the sandbar at 3:00 so not only did I not have anything to do with it, I wasn't even there when it happened.

Besides, it was a home-built experimental plane and I'm not entirely sure I would fly one of those things.

Here is a picture I took of the Quabbin at 10:00 this morning as I was leaving Orange. This was before it was turned into a landing strip:

Sorry about the reflections but it was a nice sunny day so things reflect. Oh, and the black smears you see on the right side of the picture are the propeller blades.


We spent the evening at Baypath University for a reception the President puts on for her faculty. I told my wife that I would go if we could get there early. That way we could get the good hors d'oeuvres and a table in the shade.

For the record, we got there right on time, got a good table and I cleaned up on bacon-wrapped scallops.

Most of the folks that my wife works with a good people and I usually end up deep in a conversation with some professor who doesn't want to talk about work. Today it was a new professor my wife hired over the summer who looked like he would have been more comfortable in a small-town bar, drinking a Bud.

We talked about all kinds of things while we were snarfing hors d'oeuvres and drinking bottled water.

All-in-all, it was a good time and not only was my wife glad I went, I was glad I went.


I'm going to watch the Red Sox.

You should visit these links:

No comments: