Saturday, August 19, 2017

Nice day for flying.

I took my friend Tom up for his first ride in a small plane this afternoon and he loved it.

I did one trip in the pattern just because that is what I like to do and then I took him on my typical sightseeing tour of the Quabbin and the upper valley.


There was an interesting cross-wind that was slightly variable. And when I say variable, to point where as we were returning to the airport, a departing aircraft was questioning what runway to use because the wind kept changing direction.

That variable wind made my second landing a little bit of a challenge and I thumped in instead of a nice smooth slide in.

All-in-all, it was a good day to fly and Tom enjoyed it, as did I.


After I got home from flying, it was time to do a load of laundry, get some grocery shopping done and then make some dinner so I can watch the Red Sox play the Yankees on a full stomach.

And now that I read that sentence it occurs to me that I make a pretty good wife...


While I watch baseball, you can click on these:

No comments: