Monday, October 29, 2018

Thus ends the baseball season.

The Red Sox defeated the Dodgers last night and became the 2018 World Series Champions. This is a good thing and it makes me very happy because now I can go to bed at a decent hour.

Except for tonight.

Tonight the Patriots are playing the Bills at 8:15 this evening and I'll try to at least watch the first half. I'll probably fall asleep during half time but that's okay. I'm hoping the Patriots are well ahead at the half.

But after tonight, I won't be staying up much past my bedtime during the work week and my brain is grateful for that.


So anyways, the Red Sox played like a great ball game last night with almost every pitcher out in the bullpen ready to step in and do their thing.

Price pitched a hell of a game up until the first batter in the eighth.

Then Kelly came in and made quick work of three batters in the eighth.

In the ninth, Sale stepped up, closed out the three Dodger batters in the ninth and sealed the win.

The Red Sox batters were hitting the ball well and other than one minor "oops" by J.D. Martinez when he lost sight of a fly ball in right field, the fielding was spot on.

All-in-all, they had a record-setting season and finished up the post-season like the champions they are.


Now we start be paying attention to the happenings with the free agents on the team this offseason.

Kinsler, Kimbrel, Sale (team option which will probably be picked up), Pearce, Pomeranz, Nunez (player option that he'll probably take), Evoldi and Kelly are all free agents and some of those guys are going to be looking for a big payday.

I'm hoping the Red Sox pursue Pearce, Evoldi and Kelly. I think they stand a chance at securing Pearce for a reasonable price but Kelly is going to be looking for some money.

Evoldi is a crap shoot. He's really good but he's also a bit streaky so he may take a reasonable offer.

Kimbrel is going to be one of those guys looking for a huge payday and I'm not sure he's worth it.

Kinsler is a gold glover but he's not a hitter. Besides, Pedroia should be back.

Pomeranz has fallen apart and I'm not entirely sure he'll even make a good reliever, never mind a starter.

We'll see what happens over the next few months


So now I'm going to watch some football and figure out what to do with my evenings until next February when the pitchers and catchers report.

While I do that, you should maybe take a look at these:

No comments: