Sunday, October 28, 2018

Yes, I watched the entire game

Last nights game was only nine innings long and I managed to stay awake for the entire thing. The best part? They won and now have a 3-1 lead in the best of seven series.

I will admit that at one point in the eighth inning I was concerned it was going to turn into another one of those extra-innings game but the Red Sox hung tough and they actually hit the ball.

They were down 4-0 going into the seventh when Chris Sale decided he'd seen enough and basically called the entire team out for playing crappy. I think Alex Cora summed it up best when he described Sale's dugout rant as, "Chris, in the dugout screaming? My English is very limited, so I didn't understand what he was saying."

Don't worry there young Mr. Cora because right after that rant, Mitchy Two-Bags hit a 3-run homer to bring them within 1 run.

Then in the eighth, Steve "I've played on every ALEast team!" Pearce hit a solo home run to tie the game.

After that, Rafael "Baby-Face" Devers hit a single to take the lead

Then Pearce hit a double, driving in three runs, to solidify the lead and Xander "X-Man" Bogaerts hit a single, driving in one run, to put a cap on it. The Dodgers tried to make something happen when they scored two runs in the bottom of the ninth but it just wasn't enough and the game ended with the Red Sox winning 9-6 and me going to bed.

And for all those idiots from Southie and Dorchester that keep ranting about how they need to win it at home, screw you. I say win it wherever you can. Win it as fast as possible and then come home for the parade.

As a matter of fact, I say win it tonight, take Monday off to party like rock stars in sunny L.A. and then fly home Tuesday or Wednesday because I'm pretty sure the parade will wait for them. Hell, it probably won't get scheduled until the weekend anyways.


My lawn is mowed and it is currently leaf-free. I know that will change shortly but dammit, I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

While I watch baseball, you can click on these:

No comments: