Saturday, November 3, 2018

Kinda windy today

We lost power around 4:30 this afternoon. Not a big deal because the sun was still up and it wasn't a cold day. About 45 minutes into it, I decided to fire up the generator.

I grabbed my generator cable, plugged it into the generator and then into the power inlet. Then I started up the generator. After it was purring away for a few seconds, I headed back into the house and started downstairs to flip the power from the mains over to the generator.

As soon as I hit the top of the stairs on my way down to the basement, the lights came on.

So it was back out to the porch to shut down the generator, unplug the feed cable and then put everything away.

My generator ran for a total of 2 minutes this afternoon which means I used about an ounce of gasoline.

Those are the best kind of power outages.


I hope you remembered to set your clocks to standard time because if you didn't, you are gonna be really early for work on Monday.

Here are some things you might want to click on:

No comments: