Friday, November 9, 2018

Sorry, I forgot

By the time I got home and took care of my end-of-day crap, I got involved in eating dinner, doing some laundry and then watching bad television.

I completely forgot about this posting.

Sorry about that.

Here's what I wrote before dinner:


I left work around 12:30 this afternoon and headed up to Northampton to go flying.

I had scheduled two hours with my instructor so I could work on some things I never do when I'm alone. Things like stalls, slow flight, engine out, etc..

Those are things that I'm comfortable doing when I'm with him but not when I'm alone. They are also things that need to be practiced so if something does go wrong during normal flight, it's second nature and I react without thinking too much about it.

We spent an hour in the air and when it started to rain, I said it was time to call it a day. he agreed and we headed back to the airport.

It was good to practice some things with him. He affirmed that I was a good pilot and my laning skills were spot on but I'm still looking for some more time with him in the air.

I mentioned to him that maybe the next time we got together, e should go up in a high-wing Cessna. When I take friends up in a low-wing, they end up with a lot of pictures that show some of the landscape and some of the wing. If we were in a high-wing, they would get picture of nothing but landscape.

I'll schedule my biannual flight review in December and maybe in January I'll get checked out in the Cessna.


No links today.

Enjoy your night off while I fall asleep on my couch.

No comments: