Friday, November 2, 2018

We've stopped answering our home phone

We get about ten calls a day on our home phone landline. Of the ten calls, one is from someone we know. The rest are from a city or state. It's not uncommon to see a caller id that says "Minnesota" or "Holyoke".

We've not only stopped answering it, we've taken to picking it up and immediately hanging it up so they don't even get our answering machine.

Does Rachel from Card Holder Services really think I'm going to give her my credit card information? Does Kevin believe that I'm going to hire him to power wash my house or clean my chimney? Do the good folks at Microsoft Customer Support think I'm going to let them remote desktop into my computer so they can fix the viruses?

Idiots.


On the other hand, Charlie Baker called today. He was calling for my daughter and he left her a very nice message asking her to vote for him.

I thought it was nice of him to call and I probably should have picked up the phone just to tell him she wasn't home. I could have given him her cell number so he could call her out in Iowa.


Here are some links you can visit if you want:

No comments: