Monday, December 31, 2018

Time for a small brain dump.

For those of you that find it hard to grasp the difference between one million (1,000,000) and one billion (1,000,000,000), let me help:
           1,000,000 seconds = 11 ½ days
    1,000,000,000 seconds = 31 ½ years
Hope that helps.

Don't feel bad if you spend the next two months writing 2018 on your checks. We all do it. As a matter of fact, some of us are still writing 2015.


Elizabeth Warren has announced that she will be running for President in 2020. Anyone shocked by this news has not been following world events for the last several months.

This news has two positives:

  1. I'm betting that any debates between her and President Trump will be entertaining. I'm betting he will call her Pocahontas and she will call him Cheeto.
  2. Maybe she'll be too busy campaigning to continue "slamming" the federal government for not giving my tax dollars to freeloaders.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?


144 police officers were killed in the line of duty during 2018. I personally blame Obama and Warren.

I blame Obama because he spent most of his presidency calling the police "stupid" and blaming them for the confrontation between a black thug and a cop in Ferguson, MO that ended up with the thug dead.

I blame Warren because she stands on stage and calls every judge, every juror, every prosecutor and every cop a racist.

For the record, my little brother is a cop. Not only is he a good cop, he's a good man and he doesn't deserve to be treated like shit by our elected officials.


The Red Sox are keeping a low profile this off-season and I think that's a good thing. They resigned Steve Pierce (first base) and Nathan Evoldi (starting pitcher) but they've lost Kimbrel (closer) and Kelly (relief pitcher).

I'm not entirely sure Kimbrel is gone because he is still on the market and there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity from teams looking to sign him. The Red Sox may still make him an offer.


You can click on these links or you can go celebrate New Years Eve:

No comments: