Tuesday, November 9, 2021

I finally understand blockchain

This afternoon I sat through a four hour presentation from the FBI on blockchain.

For those of you that don't know what blockchain is, think bitcoin or any other "cryptocurrency".

It's basically a way to track something (data, money, art, etc...) with multiple ledgers. All ledgers need to agree with each other and reflect the same data. If one ledger is compromised or invalidated, the other ledgers can dispute it and agree to reset it.

What it also means is that I'm kinda burned out.

Man, some of those people are nerds-to-the-max and they love to talk about their area of expertise.


The Senators are in town to play the Bruins this evening and I will make every effort to watch as much of the game as possible.

As I told John, I will probably watch most of the first period, fall asleep at the break and wake up a some point during the third period. This means I fully expect to miss the entire second period.

This time change is kicking my ass.


While I eat some dinner and then watch some hockey, you can check these out:

No comments: