Thursday, December 30, 2021

Just in time for New Years...

...my Christmas is finally over.

Last night my brothers and sisters and cousins all met up for dinner at the Springfield Country Club.

Well, those of us without household members who have tested positive for covid. Turns out we were short two cousins (and wives) and one brother (and wife) so there were only 10 of us .

It was a decent meal and a good time and I got home well after my bedtime.


Speaking of New Years and bedtimes, I suspect this New Years will be less than exciting for us.

Normally, we don't go out on New Years. I consider New Years eve to be amatuer night where all those people who think they know how to drink go out and drink. Then they drive home. I don't want to be anywhere other than my couch while all those dingbats are tooling around in their 8,000 pound SUVs.

As for us, we consider it an exciting New Years eve if we both stay awake until midnight.

This year, however, I'm betting that neither one of us will make it to midnight. At least not without the aid of an afternoon nap. We are both perpetually tired.


In baseball news, it continues to look like Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and David Ortiz will be the only ones that get enough votes to get inducted into the hall in 2022.

For the record, there are 30 eligible players. Among the 30 is Alex Rodriguez who is not even close to getting enough votes. Apparently testing positive for banned substances twice and then lying about it doesn't endear one to the voters.

Also, it appears that the ultra wealthy owners and players are still quibbling over money.

I suspect that by the time this comes to an end and they reach an agreement, a trip to the ballpark will cost a family of four more than $1,000...

And they wonder why fewer and fewer people are watching baseball.


I'm going to watch some bad television (or maybe some great youtubes) and fall asleep.

If you would like, you can click on these links:

No comments: