Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Still trying to learn

I spent a good part of my day reading and listening to experts talk about the java Log4Shell vulnerability that I told you about yesterday.

There still is no "magic bullet" to fix it but there are more scripts appearing online that will help you exploit it. This means that more and more people are learning how to exploit it and that is a problem. The more people that know how to do this means more people trying to hack into networks and computers.

Your best bet is to do what I told you: Do backups and keep all of the backups you do.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to do the first backup to my computer since November 1st...


The Golden Knights are in Boston to play the Bruins at 7:00 tonight and I will be watching.

Hopefully they win because a win tonight will at least solidify their 4th place slot in the Atlantic.

They are eight points behind the Lightning so they have a long haul to move into third but if they can lock down fourth place, they will hopefully hang on to a wildcard slot.


Here are some links:

No comments: