Monday, April 18, 2022

A little early to plant veggies

Every year my daughter grabs a small corner of land behind my garage and plants some veggies. She plants tomatoes, zucchini, squash and cucumbers. Maybe some other stuff. Maybe some marijuana. I don't really know.

The point of this story is to explain that she recently planted some seeds in those little starter pots so her plants are ready to go when the planting season starts. She planned on sticking them in the ground in May like she always does but it appears the plants have other ideas.

The plants are all about 3-4 inches tall right now and are rapidly outgrowing the little starter pots. That means she may have to plant them earlier than anticipated.

Maybe we'll have a bumper crop of veggies this year. Maybe not. Who knows. Not me. If there is one thing I do know it's that I can't grow anything. If I plant it, it dies. If I water it, it dies. If I look at it, it dies.

I did not take over the family farm for a reason.


The Red Sox lost today and I'm thinking it was because Rich Hill might not be in his prime anymore

He threw 80 pitches over 4 ½ innings, giving up six hits that resulted in four runs. Two of those hits were home runs.

The Red Sox hitters were trying their darnedest to keep up with the Twins, with five hits over those same four innings but they just couldn't seem to step on home plate.

They ended up losing the game 8-3, leaving them in second place but now a full game behind the Blue Jays.

The vaccinated members of the team are traveling to Toronto where tomorrow they will kick off a three-game series against the Blue Jays. Hopefully the win at least two of the three games and come home on Thursday in first place.


There is no hockey this evening so I'll be watching some DVRs.

While I do that, you can enjoy these links:

No comments: