Sunday, April 3, 2022

House hunting continues

We went with The Vet to look at another house today. This one was nice but not worth the asking price. I'm sure they'll get it but not from my daughter.

After going to several open houses over the last few weeks I can say with complete honesty that my family, both immediate and extended, are damn near royalty.

Some of the houses we've looked at not only need an immense amount of work to make them livable, the owners probably should have done some cleaning before the open house.

And when I say an immense amount of work, I'm being serious. Several had a basement with a dirt floor (can you say radon?), in one case the detached garage was tipping over and more than a few of them had dirt driveways. If you've ever tried to clear snow off a dirt driveway you know why most houses in New England have paved driveways.

As for cleaning, what can I say. If I knew that dozens of strangers were about to wander through my house, I would at least vacuum. I also probably wouldn't cook up a mess of broccoli and onions or something like that just before the start of the open house. There is nothing more appealing than walking into a house and smelling death...


As the Russian army is driven back from Kyiv and the news reporters are moving in, they are finding dead civilians everywhere. We're talking piles of bodies with the hands tied bahind them, evidence of torture and finally shot dead.

The Russians, when the news media started reporting the atrocities and genocide, made the following statement, "Not a single civilian has faced any violent action by the Russian military."

So I guess being machine-gunned, bombed, burned, raped or summarily-executed is not considered violent in the Russian culture.


The Red Sox made quick work of the Braves this afternoon, beating them 6-3.

Pivetta went five strong innings and took the win. He, along with Eovaldi, looks ready for the season to start. Not sure about Houck or Wacha yet. They have yet to throw more than four innings.

The season starts in four days so they better get to gettin' ready.

As for last night, the Bruins beat the Blue Jackets 5-2. They picked up two points but remain in the wild card because the Maple Leafs and the Lightening won last night as well.


No hockey tonight so I guess I'll be watching DVRs and falling asleep early

While I enjoy my non-sports evening, you can enjoy these links:

No comments: