Saturday, April 30, 2022

One win, one loss

Last night, the Red Sox beat the Orioles but the Bruins lost to the Maple Leafs.

So that means the Red Sox have a winning streak of one and the Bruins will play a best-of-seven series against the Hurricanes in the first round


Let's start with hockey:

The Bruins lost to the Maple Leafs 5-2 and the remain as the first wild card team.

On Monday, May 2nd, the Bruins and the Hurricanes will face off at 7:00pm down in Raleigh, NC.

Historically, the Bruins have eliminated the Hurricanes in the playoffs twice. Once in 2019 and again in 2020. But that may not matter since this season the Bruins are 0-3 against the Hurricanes. That's not an encouraging record...

Guess we'll see what happens over those seven games.


As for the Red Sox, they managed to hold off the Orioles and won last nights game 3-1.

Pitching was pretty good with the Orioles being held scoreless until the ninth inning. That was when Robles came in and gave up two hits, one of which was a home run.

Cora took Robles out with runners on first & second and two outs. He put Straham in who promptly walked a guy and loaded the bases. Fortunately, he got the next guy to strike out and end the game without giving up a run.

First pitch tonight is at 7:00. Eovaldi is on the mound for the Red Sox. Cordero, who made a decent showing last night, will be on the bench and Dalbec will be playing first. I'm hoping Dalbec breaks out of his slump tonight and starts hitting the ball.


The Killer Robin is back.

Instead of building her nest in one of the bushes next to our back porch, this year she decided to build in one of the property border bushes.

I discovered her when I was trimming the bushes and she swooped at me. I immediately stopped work and found this:

So if you drive by my house, you'll notice that one bush is not like the others

I figure one of two things will happen: Either the crows, starlings or blue jays will find the eggs and eat them or the eggs will hatch and the fledges will fly away. Either way, that is when I will trim that bush.

She deserves her privacy.


Right now, I'm watching the Worcester Red Sox. At 7:00, I'll put on the Boston Red Sox. I'm basically overdosing on sports this evening.

While I do that, you can check these out:

No comments: