Saturday, April 15, 2023

MLB loves the Yankees

I have no idea why this is but the media sure loves the New York Yankees.

I wanted to check the scores last night and when I opened MLB.COM, the first thing I saw was a story about two home runs the Yankees hit. When I looked at the scores, I saw that the Yankees were losing.

A better caption would have been,
    " Despite two home runs, the Yankees are getting beat by the Twins again."
Between ESPN and MLB, you would think the only team in baseball is the Yankees.


Speaking of baseball, the Red Sox managed to win last night, beating the Angles 5-3.

I thought Houck pitched pretty well, going four innings and giving up two earned runs. But it was the bullpen that came through, going five innings and giving up only one earned run.

On top of that, the hitters were hitting and the baserunners were stepping on home plate.

Did I see any of that? No, I did not. The game was streamed on Apple TV and I don't have Apple TV. Instead, I watched the Worcester Red Sox lose to the Columbus Clippers 8-1. But that's okay, I listened to the game on the WEEI stream while watching Worcester on NESN.

One of the highlights of watching Worcester is I got to see James Paxton pitch. He did pretty damned well.

I'm thinking he'll be in Boston pretty soon.

This afternoon, the Angels and Red Sox are back at it and thankfully NESN is carrying the game.


More yard work got done today and the Professor has done all of her gardens "outside of the fence" which means she has cleaned, weeded and fertilized the front, sides and the backyard behind the garage. She says that she'll do the gardens in the dog's arena (inside the fence) tomorrow.

I managed to get the last (?) of the oak leaves off the lawn. There are two oak trees in my area that just refuse to drop their dead leaves until spring and they are still dropping leaves.

Oh, and both cars got washed so if you see a nice shiny CRV tooling down the road, give me a wave.


Right now, it's the bottom of the third inning and the score is 4-2 Angels . If the rain holds off, I'm going to grill up some teryaki steak tips. If the rain doesn't hold off, I'll be cooking them on the stove. Either way, I'm going to watch the rest of this baseball game.

While I do that, you can do these:

No comments: