Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Two losses

The Red Sox got swept by the Pirates with a 4-1 loss last night and a 4-1 loss this afternoon.

Last night's loss wasn't because of pitching but bad fielding and a lack of touching home plate. With the score 1-0 Red Sox in the second inning, McGuire, the catcher, had a strike three pitch that should have ended the inning get away from him. That put a guy on first. Next batter up hit a home run, giving the Pirates a 2-1 lead.

The batters were hitting the ball but not enough to move the baserunners across the plate.

As for this afternoon, pitching wasn't great but hitting was worse. They had a total of five hits over nine innings. That kinda sucks.

Now they are off to Detroit to start a three game series against the Tigers tomorrow. First pitch is at 1:10 tomorrow.


So I read up on the charges filed against Donald "I actually pay someone to make my hair look like this!" Trump by the DA in New York and to be honest with you, I'm thinking the DA is just as arrogant and self-centered as Trump.

Let's start with Trump:

He came out and said "REPUBLICANS IN CONGRESS SHOULD DEFUND THE DOJ AND FBI..." Then he gave a speech where he said "I never thought anything like this could happen in American. Never thought it could happen. The only crime that I have committed is to fearlessly defend our nation from those who seek to destroy it."

This is coming from a guy who successfully avoided the draft and then called John McCain a loser. This is coming from a guy who made fun of every municipality that looked into decreasing funding for police.

Now let's look at Bragg, the DA:

He came out and said, "We cannot and will not normalize serious criminal conduct."

This is coming from a guy who back in January of 2022 issued a memo to his staff that clearly stated they were to decline to prosecute certain crimes, including shoplifting, prostitution and theft of services.

Apparently you can normalize serious criminal conduct Mr. Bragg...


The Vet tells me an antelope has escaped from Lupa Zoo in Ludlow and was last seen running around Wilbraham.

Look, we got enough problems with deer in my town. I hit a deer with my car one evening while taking my youngest to a school event and that thing did a lot of damage to my car. I can only imagine what kind of damage would result from hitting one of these:


It's leftover day.

You can enjoy these links while I figure out what leftovers I want to consume.

No comments: