Saturday, April 22, 2023

Couple of wins

Last night, the Bruins beat the Panthers 4-2, taking a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven.

As the Hanson Brothers said in the movie Slap Shot, "Old time hockey. Like Eddie Shore!"

It was old time hockey all right. The Bruins came out with a chip on their shoulder, pissed that the Panthers had beaten them the other day by simply being physical.

I saw more full body checks and hits in the first period than I saw in the last three games combined. The Bruins were knocking the Panthers on their ass with a vengeance.

The fourth game is tomorrow at 3:30. Hopefully they come out as hard-hitting as they were yesterday.


The Red Sox beat the Brewers last night 5-3. Pivetta did not have one of his best outing but the Red Sox hitters were hitting and getting on base.

They are back at it again tonight at 7:00.


The Professor will be enjoy some grilled swordfish and I will be dining on grilled honey barbeque chicken. Well, we will be if I get off my ass and start the grill.

While I do that, you can enjoy these:

No comments: