Monday, April 3, 2023

The oils are changed

Today was machinery tune up day here at The Daily News™ World Headquarters.

I started up the tractor and let it warm up for about 10 minutes. Then I drained all the oil from it and poured the requisite 60 ounces of 5W-30 into it. Since all of the filters were changed last year, I decided to skip any filter replacements this year. I did pump grease into all the zerk fittings to keep the wear-and-tear to a minimum.

Then it was the push mower. I changed the air filter on that because it looked pretty nasty.

Finally it was time for the snow blower. That not only got an oil change, it also got new skid shoes. I'm not overjoyed with the new shoes because they are polyurethane and I suspect they are going to wear out in just one season.

I did not do anything with the generator even though that got some pretty heavy use this winter. I will do the annual maintenance on that machine when I move it into the garage for the summer. That should be in late April or early May.

So now I am ready for the summer. All of my machines, with the noted exception of the generator, are lubricated and ready to go.


Donald "I has been indicated!" Trump was back in New York City today so he could be formally charged with whatever it is they are going to charge him with.
So far there has been no uprisings or attacks from his cult but it's still early.


The Blues managed to tie the game last night and the Bruins had to take it into a shoot-out before winning the game.

As I mentioned the other day, I suspect the Sabres will slide into the last wild card slot and they did that when the Senators to the Blue Jackets yesterday.

The standings show the Sabres with a one point lead over the Senators. The Senators next two games are against first the Hurricanes and then the Panthers. Those are two good teams and I can't help but wonder if they have it in them to win either one.

The Bruins are off now until Thursday when they will take on the Maple Leafs.


I'm going to figure out what to make for dinner and then watch the Red Sox play the Pirates. You should do whatever you want.

Here are some links:

No comments: