Monday, April 24, 2023

XBB.1.16?

Remember when covid variants were named after the region they came from? There was the UK variant, the South African variant, the Brazil variant, etc...

Then they decided to stop using the region of origin and start using Greek letter. We had the Alpha variant, the Delta Variant and the ever popular Omicron variant.

All of a sudden I'm seeing things like the XBB.1.16 variant.

Who the hell is naming these things? They sound like 1960s Air Force bombers.

More importantly, who cares? Why do we have to name the various genetic variants? Can't we just say, "I got a cold" and be done with it?


The Red Sox are playing the Orioles at 6:30 this evening and I will be watching.

But that's not the baseball news I wanted to tell you about.

What I wanted to tell you is that the Pittsburgh Pirates, the traditional cellar-dwellers of the National League, are currently in first place in the NL thanks to the Red Sox beating the Brewers twice.

I have a text message into my cousin out in Pittsburgh to see what she thinks about this whole thing. I'm really interested to know what she thinks about Rich Hill, the ex-Red Sox pitcher that they call "Dick Mountain".


I'm gonna make some fish sticks and watch baseball.

Here are some links:

No comments: