Sunday, April 9, 2023

They swept the Tigers

The Red Sox beat the Tigers 4-1 this afternoon. That gives them a sweep in the seris and moves them above .500 for the first time this season.

Crawford pitched very well, giving up only one "earned" run over five innings. I put the "earned" in quotes because that run is directly attributed to an error on the previous batter that should have ended the inning.

Now they are on their way to Tampa where tomorrow they will start a four game series against the currently undefeated Rays. As the guys in the booth said this afternoon, "The Rays are due for a loss!"

I'm hoping the Rays are due for four losses...


Despite me only making it through two periods last night, the Bruins still won. They beat the Devils 2-1 and tied the record for the most wins (62) in a season.

They are playing the Flyers at 6:00 this evening and if they win, they will take sole ownership of the most wins (63) in a season for any NHL team.

I'm going to try and make it through all three periods tonight.


As for the Masters, Fred Couples made the cut but he's managed to fall to the 52nd slot on the leaderboard.

Good thing I didn't bet on him...


Well, all the bushes are trimmed and the majority of the gardens have been cleared of debris.

Next up is the backyard. It's a huge mess but we don't care because it's the "back" yard. It's basically The Dogs latrine.

I'll cut back the bushes back there, drag the thatcher of the lawn and maybe throw some seed down because what the hell, I might as well toss another $50.00 worth of seed that won't grow on my dirt.


I'm going to enjoy some ham and mac & cheese for dinner then watch the Bruins hopefully make history.

I hope you enjoyed whatever holiday your religion tells you to celebrate.

If you are interested, here are some links:

No comments: