Monday, April 10, 2023

The NHL has a new record holder

The Bruins beat the Flyers 5-3 last night, giving them a season win record of 63. That is the most wins any NHL team has ever had in a season and they still have two games left to play.

Tomorrow they play the Capitals and on Thursday they play the Canadians. Since both of those teams are not having a great season, it's a pretty good bet the Bruins will win at least one of those games, maybe both.

As my cousin Dan said, "I guess they really must have hated that guy Cassidy..." referring to the coach who was let go at the end of last season.


John Rahm won The Masters yesterday and Fred Couples finished in the 50th position.

Good thing I saved my $10.00


The Red Sox are in Tampa to play the undefeated Rays and I'm really hoping they win all four games. I'd be happy if they win three of the games. I'm okay with a split and they win two of the games. If they get swept, I'm gonna be unhappy.

Right now, the Rays are untouchable, scoring an average of 8 runs per game while only giving up an average of 2 runs per game. I'd love to see Pivetta shut the Rays down and the Red Sox baserunners step on home plate numerous times.

One major issue is that Adam Duvall, the guy who has been hitting the cover off the ball, fractured his wrist during yesterdays game and they have no estimate for his return. That leaves a hole in their lineup that's going to be tough to fill.

The game starts at 6:40 which is kind of an odd time for a game to start. As a matter of fact, three of the four games start at 6:40 and the fourth game starts at 1:10. Maybe the Rays understand that old guys like me don't like to stay up past 10:00.


Looks like I might want to think about putting in my air conditioners...


I had some dentistee stuff done today so dinner is probably going to be soup. Chewing is not on the list of things I'm interested in doing right now.

While I slurp some dinner and watch baseball, you can visit these links:

No comments: