Friday, April 7, 2023

Thank goodness for golf

The Red Sox and the Bruins are off today. Fortunately the Masters is going on so I have that to entertain me.

And speaking of the Bruins, they won last night, beating the Maple Leafs in OT.

The key phrase in the story about the game is, "The win was the Bruins' 61st of the 2022-23 campaign, leaving them one shy of tying the NHL's all-time mark for single-season victories."

As they say up north, "Dat's some pretty good hockey right dere, dat is. Eh?"


So The Masters is going on and prior to the start of todays round, 63 year old Fred Couples is in the 26th position on the leaderboard. I checked the odds of him winning and found out that if I place a $10.00 bet on Couples to win The Masters, I would win $10,000.00.

Then again, since I don't really gamble and I never win when I do, maybe I should just hold on the my $10.00 and, when the tournament is over, I'll still have my $10.00.

It's bad enough I bet $10.00 on the Red Sox to win the World Series, no sense tossing more money away.


Busy day cleaning and fixing. Then there were numerous errands, not the least of which was grocery shopping.

Turns out we didn't really have any "good" food in the house.


I'm going to watch some golf and surf the interwebs for entertaining stuff.

While I do that, you can click on these:

No comments: