Saturday, May 27, 2023

A lot got done

I started my day by mowing my lawn. After that, I set about changing every doorknob on our second floor.

For the record, that is four bedroom doors, two bathroom doors and three closet doors (the other closest have slding doors) for a total of nine doorknobs.

If I never change another doorknob again, it'll be too soon.


Sale pitched a pretty good game last night despite the fact he was dealing with a stomach virus of some sort.

He went five innings, gave up one earned run, walked one and struck out three. The bullpen did well, giving up only one earned run.

More importantly, the hitters hit the ball and the runners stepped on home plate. In the end, the Red Sox won the game 7-2.

Whitlock is on the mound to start tonight. It's his first appearance since April 22nd when he went onto the IL. Hopefully he's good to go and makes quick work of the Diamondback batters.

Oh, and for the record, first pitch is at 7:15 this evening and that means I can watch tonight's game.


Nope, still no movement on the debt ceiling talks but looks like maybe Yellen said she might be able to squeeze another dollar or two out of the current budget. She extended the limit to June 5th.

Look, I don't care about the debt limit. I care about the value of my IRA and my wifes 403(b). That's what I care about.

If the country stops paying it's bills and defaults on it's debt, the nations credit rating will get downgraded. If the credit rating drops, the ability to borrow money on the world market will be impacted. That means bad things happen to the stock market which impacts my IRA and my wifes 403(b).

I care about that.


I'm going to watch some news and then some baseball.

You can enjoy these few links:

No comments: